I love having the option to display links to subpages at the top of a document’s ‘master page’.
However, displaying subpages on a subpage isn’t an option.
The culprit is located in ‘page options’. There isn’t an option to ‘display other subpages’ for a subpage.
But there is an option to ‘display subpages’ for a master page.
//there is a work around, but its not the same
My suggestion is, replace the option to ‘display subpages’ on a master page with ‘display any page’ on any page, regardless of its root directory.
To better understand my suggestion, follow these steps:
- Open a document and create a new page. Add a subpage to this new page.
- Go to the newly created page (not the subpage itself but the ‘root page’) and click on ‘page options.’
- Toggle ‘Subpages’ to ‘On’ under ‘Headers.’
- You’ll notice a card at the top of the page that links to the subpage.
- Now, navigate to your subpage and open ‘page options’ (if it’s not already open).
- Here, you won’t find the option under ‘headers’ to toggle on/off ‘subpages’ because this subpage doesn’t have any subpages associated with it."