Help! Any larger version of the /text command?

Does anyone know of any pack or any other tool that has a larger version of the /text command?

The problem I am running into using the /text command is that when entering larger amounts of text, the content is all side scrolling and you cannot see the full typed out content in the bar.

Example:
(The sentence text is cut off)

The only work around I can think of is using a single row/column table to enter text. But you then have limited styling options, i.e. you cannot put a table inside of a callout, but you can with the /text.

For anyone asking why I would need this, I am making a tool to enter in text data that then builds a report using the entered text data (and other stored coda data). With the /text command I can name it and then reference it in formulas/buttons to move the data around.

I would love to see Coda implement a larger version of the /text or update it to have it auto expand to allow for full visualization of all the entered content/text.

1 Like

Hi @Nik_Martin,

Unfortunately I don’t have a fix for the text box width.

You can however use the table row within a callout by referencing the cell directly.

Use = to start the formula then @ and the start of the cell’s content to specifically reference the cell.

Normally this will create a blue link without formatting but add .ColumnName, in this case .Name, and it will pull in with formatting. This will work the same way as referencing a formula or text control by name. It won’t have a fixed name but it will not loose the link as you delete and modify the cells value. You could have a hidden column and refernce that so that it will be a static identifier and then use the visible column in the callout. Example below.

More info:

I hope that this solves your issue with referencing a table within a callout.

Kind regards

Dale