Help - Chart Showing Data From Multiple Tables

Hi,

First time posting but loving Coda.

I have a simple need but i cannot figure out how to do it within Coda.

I am using Coda to track tasks for my team and what i would like is a bar chart showing the status of all the tasks (Not Started, In Progress, Done etc) across all the tables in a single chart - basically a chart showing all the rolled up statuses. The challenge i am facing is that i have created a table for each of my team members (15 in total) and i cannot figure out how to merge all the tables into one so i can chart the data??

The layout again is fairly simple and looks like the below:

Team Member A
TASK NAME STATUS
Task A In Progress
Task B Stuck
Task C Done

Team Member B
TASK NAME STATUS
Task A In Progress
Task B Stuck
Task C Done

Team Member C
TASK NAME STATUS
Task A In Progress
Task B Stuck
Task C Done

Any ideas?

Hello Jonathan, welcome to the community!
Personally I would do a master table and then make views for each member, but you can also merge them with the help of a button, I leave you a link with a post from a guy who had the same problem as you

Hi @anon73734000,

I think @Saul_MIND_Garcia mentioned the best option if you’re just getting going with this. A master table with all the data and a column to assign the person to the task will most likely open up more options in the future and those options will be easier to implement.

If all tables are set up relatively the same way, it should just be creating a master table, then copy/pasting the rows from the other tables and assigning the person when you do.

Happy to hear you’re loving Coda so far! A little getting used to the setup and schema options and I think you’ll find things are pretty quick and easy to implement there-after.

Keep posting questions as they come up!

Ben

Thanks @BenLee for the quick response.

I looked at the post but couldn’t see the formulae used.

I think i have figured it out though, a bit of a long-winded approach but it seem to be getting me where i want to go.

Basically i have created a new table in a new section (called Dashboard). I then pulled in the STATUS column from the sections im interested, placed them into a cell and turned them into bullet points. I then used this post (https://coda.io/d/Examples-for-Community_dpuW8RMd8fq/04-21-19-Separate-Bullet-List-into-Many-Rows_suAQp?utm_campaign=embed&utm_medium=web&utm_source=puW8RMd8fq#_luzN-) to iterate over the bullets to place the data into separate line items.

Seems to be working so far!

Thanks again for the quick reply

Glad you got it working!