Help Tracking Clicks in Play Mode

TL;DR: I’ve been trying to figure out how to track how many times a particular button is clicked for a doc that’s in play mode and I can’t seem to find a solution.

I have a doc that’s published in play mode because I have a lot of users without coda accounts who need to be able to interact with it without accidentally breaking anything.

Each row in the main table has a button that both opens the link in the “URL” column and increments the number in a “clicks” column in that same row. However, because the doc is in play mode, the change to the clicks column isn’t saved.

I’ve experimented with various ways of getting this functionality to work, both within the doc and using cross-doc, but without success. The particular implementation doesn’t really matter to me, I’m just looking for some way to track the number of clicks on each row link, whether it’s a number in a column, the number of rows in a separate table, or even using some way of tracking outside of coda itself. (although ideally I’d like to avoid solutions that require changing the URLs if possible, since there are 700+ of them.) The only thing I’ve found and haven’t tried is using cross-doc actions in some way, which would require a higher subscription tier than I currently have.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hey @Mike_Cannon ! Thanks for reaching out. While this is not possible at this time, this sounds like a feature request the Coda team has been tracking. That said, we have moved this post into the Suggestion Box for other members of the Community to chime in on this. We’ve gone ahead and tracked your vote for this feature formally.