Highlight current cell or row?

Currently when I click in a cell, I get a light blue border around it…but that’s pretty subtle!
Is there a way I can get the current cell or row that I have clicked in to light up or be highlighted in some more effective visual way?
Thanks, Gregg

Hi @Gregg_Stebben,

Unfortunately, this is not possible at the moment. If you want, you can add this feature as a feature request to the Suggestion Box.

What you can do in the meantime are two things:

1. There is currently no way to get your clicks in Coda. However, you can highlight a row or cell that was recently edited. I’m assuming you already know this trick, but for the sake of completeness, I wanted to post it anyway.
  2. Another option is a bit advanced, but probably the only solution: adding custom code via your web browser. You can write code that highlights the clicked row or cell in your custom appearance.

Hope that helps.

Jannis

1 Like

Thank you @Jannis …sometimes it’s helpful just to know that somethings not possible so you stop fretting about it! :wink:
I do have a related question tho: Sometimes when you click down from row to row, the cursor ends up below the bottom of the monitor…is there any way to get the next row to keep moving up so it’s never below the line of sight?

Hi @Gregg_Stebben,

You’re welcome!

I saw your other topic about this issue as well, but nothing specific came to my mind. Otherwise, I would have already replied to the other topic.

By clicking, do you mean navigating with your arrow keys?
If so, unfortunately, I don’t know a solution besides scrolling down manually.

If you need a final answer, please reach out to the Coda Support.
But because nobody replied to your recent topic, I assume nobody knows a solution for that.

Hope that helps.

Jannis

In case it’s helpful to others, I found a workaround for my follow up question about navigating down with arrows from row to row and getting the current row to the top of the screen: I noticed that when a row was as tall as my Coda window, then hitting the down arrow would always both go to the next row but also bring it to the top of my screen so I could view it. To ensure that would happen with every row, I made a new text column, and using “Compose” I made a very tall column by adding line breaks with the “Enter” key. Viola…every time I arrow down to the next row, the top of the row moves up to near the top of my screen.