Ideas on best approach for advanced form

Hi everyone!

I want to create a form with 10 fixed categories, within each category I want a list with up to 10 free text rows. For each free text row, I want a checkbox (Yes/No).

For each Yes, I’ll summarize a total score that will be sent to the user on email.

Is this possible to create or do I need some kind of work-around with the form? I’ve spent a couple of hours on the tutorials trying the different options but is currently completely stuck.

Best regards,

Hey @Alexander_Artman
welcome to the Community!

I’m pretty sure there are ways to make that possible but it sounds like that you’d need 1-2 workarounds to make a nice user expierience out of it. Otherwise this could be a very looong form.

But to understand it better:

• Does a user need to choose from one category and then has 10 text boxes or should a user be able to fill out 10 in every category (so up to 100 filled text boxes for one user)?
  • Regarding “up to free text boxes”:does that mean, that the number of text boxes change per category or does it mean the user can choose how many he fills, but max of 10?

Best,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thank you! I love what I see with Coda.io so far, and thank you for your reply! It’s very helpful to know that it’s possible and that I’m not wasting my time.

Great questions.

• It’s 10 in every category, meaning a total of 100.
  • In the best case scenario, it should be possible to vary between categories. But a use case where the user is forced to submit 10x10 is a viable option if nothing else is possible.

Another nice-to-have would be the possibility to either drag-n-drop from suggestions, or create your own free-text ones. But this is not a need-to-have.

Any suggestions on work-arounds or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Alexander

Hi again,

Any suggestions on how I can proceed with my use case are greatly appreciated! If so, only the right guide, a similar use case and solution etc.

Best regards,
Alexander

Hey @Alexander_Artman,
this approach is not exactly going through a form, but perhaps it could give you a viable alternative:

As you can see it is very basic, but enough to play around with with some meaningful data.

In this version (you can change it according to your needs), the user can directly build up the questionnaire through the button and they put their answers in the relative column.

The checkbox column will only be visible in your view, of course.

Please, let me know if this something in the right direction for you.
Cheers!

Thank you, Federico! This is spot on! :slight_smile:

As long as the web-user can edit the tables, tables might be an even better solution than forms - this is exactly the kind of input I was looking for. I’ll play around with these examples and hope it gets me the whole way. Thanks a lot, this is very helpful.

I’ll keep you updated on the progress :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Alexander

Yes, please!
Let us know if you need any further help in the process.
Enjoy! :wink: