Using forms to add multiple rows to a table from a single form response

I am trying to create a form that creates multiple table records from a single form entry.

Essentially I have a lookup/reference table
CATEGORY A
CATEGORY B
CATEGORY C

and then I want a form that will collect a response for each lookup item
NAME: Jon
CATEGORY A | SCORE
CATEGORY B | SCORE
CATEGORY C | SCORE

Which I want to write to a table that creates a row for each entry
Jon | CATEGORY A | SCORE
Jon | CATEGORY B | SCORE
Jon | CATEGORY C | SCORE

I’ve tried multiple forms per page, but that doesn’t quite seem to work as the response to 1 form seems to overwrite the other form instead of adding another record.
Jon | CATEGORY A | SCORE
Jon | CATEGORY B | SCORE
Jon | CATEGORY C | SCORE
Someone Else | CATEGORY A | SCORE
Someone Else | CATEGORY B | SCORE
Someone Else | CATEGORY C | SCORE
Some Other Someone Else | CATEGORY A | SCORE
Some Other Someone Else | CATEGORY B | SCORE
Some Other Someone Else | CATEGORY C | SCORE

My goal is to get a name (the person submitting the form) and collect scores on 5-10 items from that person, then be able to analyze scores from other people on the same categories.

The final result would be a scorecard for that person with their ranking compared with the average ranking for other respondents.

CATEGORY A | Jon’s Score | Average Score
CATEGORY B | Jon’s Score | Average Score
CATEGORY C | Jon’s Score | Average Score

I think this would be reasonable easy tables, but can I do something like this with forms to allow for a broader pool of respondents?

hi @JonO , welcome

If you create a doc and share it here so we can look in to it with sample data in it, we can have a look.

Each submission is a new row in the table and each row has multiple columns (one per response). As such you create a table filled with results and that is the starting point for any review. Maybe you want to transpose the data.

Cheers, Christiaan

2 Likes