Importing Select Lists with Multiple Values

I want to drag a table into Coda. One of my columns is a Select List. Most rows in my table have a single value in this column, but several rows have multiple values. In my data, these are separated by commas. For example:

Robert Red
Herman Blue
Arlene Green
Nancy Blue, Green
Carol Red
Alice Blue
Adam Red, Blue

When I drop the table into my Coda page, it doesn’t interpret this correctly. Instead of understanding that rows 4 and 7 have multiple values selected, Coda creates options in the Select List that read “Blue, Green” and “Red, Blue”.

Does anyone know how to get this done? Is it just a matter of reformatting my raw data?

Hello @anon61298128 ,

Could you please share your document with factive data and explain the methodology used to make the operations, thank you.

Thank you very much,
Thierry

Yes, happily. How do I share the doc? Are you referring to my Coda doc or the Excel that I’m trying to import? Thank you very much, Thierry!

Hello,

I refer to your Coda document ^^, here is the procedure to share your coda document (Sharing your doc | Coda Help Center).

It will be easier to help you with an example afterwards and detailed as much as possible the methodology to use, if I understood well you use Excell to import your data in Coda!

Kind regards,
Thierry

1 Like

Hi again Thierry, I actually figured it out. Thanks!
Corey

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.