Is it possible to make a filtered dropdown for a single view of the table?

Hi everyone!

I am trying to apply a filter to a dropdown in a column for only one view of a table. When I use lookup or list and apply filter, the filter is applied to the column in all views of the table. Is there a way to do it?

Thank you
Chandan

Hi @chandan :blush: and Welcome to the Community :partying_face: !

As far as I know, filtering selectable items of a lookup field for only one view is “not possible” simply because a source/base table and its connected views are linked to each others and what you do in a view or its source/base table is reflected everywhere …

May I ask why it is important to not have the Completed status as a selectable option in your lookup field ? :innocent:

Could you give us more info about your use case scenario here ?
(Maybe, with more info, someone could have an idea for a workaround)

1 Like

Hi @Pch Thank you very much for your response!

I am trying to recreate a scrum board on Coda. The template I am using is Agile Sprint Planning Template for Your Next Scrum Project · The best methods for leading a scrum sprint planning meeting

The document is structured as a single table with multiple views. So, the “backlog” is a filtered view of the table “Work items”.
I want to make it easier for the user to assign sprints from backlog. Suppose sprint 1 and 2 are already completed, it would be convenient if the user is not given the option to move a task from backlog to an already completed sprint.

This is my specific scenario. If there is solution or workaround, I will definitely use it for more than this scenario.

Hi @chandan :blush: ,

I just wanted to let you know that I’m getting back at you as soon as I can :blush: … probably tomorrow from my side of the screen :innocent: !

I began writing a reply but it’s taking me more time than I have right now (Sorry :pensive: ) .

1 Like

That is truly kind of you @Pch

I am not in a hurry at all, so I will appreciate your answer whether it is today or next week. To be honest I was not expecting a reply.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.