Is it possible to sync lookups via a button using a formula?

I’m trying to create a button that would sync the lookups.

For an instance, if project_select is empty but there’s something in project_lookup (like for Viability Report), I’d like to copy the name in project_lookup and paste it in project_select.

ideally, I’d be able to simply add a project via project_select and have it populated in the project_database and show up next to it in project_lookup (like for Sports Complex).

Would this be possible to do via button maybe?

hi @Shiraaz_Peerkhan , this post is not the complete answer, but it shows how to populate the lookup:

this might be a starting point, certainly when you enrich the list with the items you found elsewhere.

hope it helps a bit, cheers, Christiaan

1 Like

hmm not sure this will work because it seems like this use case is a list instead of a sync.

Hey Shiraaz, thanks for reaching out! I think this is possible to achieve with a button using FormulaMap(). I’d imagine the button formula would look something like this:

// For every row in tasks table where project_select is blank and project_lookup is not blank
[tasks].Filter(project_select.IsBlank() AND project_lookup.IsNotBlank()).FormulaMap(

// Update project_select to match project_lookup
CurrentValue.ModifyRows(
project_select, CurrentValue.project_lookup
)
)

Formula w/o notes:

[tasks].Filter(project_select.IsBlank() AND project_lookup.IsNotBlank()).FormulaMap( CurrentValue.ModifyRows(project_select, CurrentValue.project_lookup) )

Does that help?

4 Likes

OMG I THINK IT DOES! THIS IS GENIUS!! Thank you Renita!

1 Like

No worries at all. Happy to help ^_^!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.