Is there a way to format messages using the Slack Pack?

Is it possible to provide a json somehow when posting a message with the slack pack? It seems like it is posted only as text, so I can’t even write multiline messages.

Here is an option I posted - hope it helps.

That is basically what I ended up doing. But it would be good to be able to apply proper slack formatting.

1 Like

You can write multiline messages and automate sending them to Slack using Coda Pack Automations. Here’s an example:

Concatenate("Text goes here", "

New line above! "), "More text...")

I still haven’t figured out how to make the text bold or italic in Slack. Markdown and _Bold() formulas does not get passed on it seems.

Hi, I put inside the quotation marks, where the text are such characters around the words ** to make bold or _ _ to make italic text

Hey there,

I’m a Product Manager at Coda and I wanted to let you know about the new Compose column type, which eliminates the need to use the Concatenate() and/or Format() formulas to compose dynamic text.

Compose gives you a freeform editor that lets you write and format text, including references to columns (using @) and formula results (using =). The resulting dynamic content can then be referenced by other columns. We hope this helps remove any friction caused by the Concatenate() and Format() formulas in your future use cases!
Compose-min

1 Like