Is there a way to move a row to another table when it is set to a certain value?

Hello! This is my second post here and I’m still diving into the depths of coda and it’s many uses.

I am currently in the process of moving my task tracker to coda from google sheets and was wondering if there was some way for me to automate a very specific process.

Currently I have a “Status” column which lets you chose from a number of descriptive statuses.

• First Priority
  • Second Priority
  • On Hold
  • Completed
  • etc…

I was wondering if it was possible for the table to move any row marked as “Finished” to get automatically moved to a separate table so that it does not clutter up this table in particular.

I have previously done this manually in google sheets but thought I would give a shot at creating a system that automatically shifts these over.

Thank you for your help with this and I appreciate your input! :slight_smile:

Hey @Ava_Hernandez welcome to the community!

Coda can totally help here. One easy way to do it would be to leave it in the table and then use views throughout your doc. For example you could have a view that shows all rows except ‘Finished’

Filter: [Status]!=@Complete

This is probably what you want. If you really want to move it to another table, you can create a button that disables if [Status]!=@Complete and then have an automation that runs on some interval that pushes the button. That button can then AddRow([OtherTable]) and DeleteRows([thisrow]) to clean it up.

Good luck! Make sense?

4 Likes

Makes perfect sense! Thank you for your help – I’m going to try the button first and use the view as a back-up in case I can’t figure it out.

Just trying to keep everything clean and separate! :slight_smile: Have a wonderful evening!

1 Like