Is there a way to show a column on a card only if that column is populated?

I have some columns that should only appear on a card in card view if it has data to show.

For example, I’m using a simple kanban card view with Status across the top. One of those status is “Waiting”. I added a text column called “Waiting for” to capture what it is that’s preventing me from moving forward. I would like for that column to appear on cards if the status is “Waiting”, but not if the status is “In Progress”.

I’ve got the same question. This feels like a bug.

Dear @mack and @anon92826436

Please check out this post:

I don’t believe this is related. Cards with empty column values will take up empty space on the card.

Dear @mack and or @anon92826436

Please find my enclosed sample, if I misunderstood please share an example what you made so far and explaining what your expected outcome

Perhaps I’m misinterpreting OPs question, but when I read “column on a card” here I am thinking of the table column of data. Here’s the case I’m referring to below and also I hope you don’t mind I updated your example doc with this as well. Note task-3 & task-4 are a large cards with lots of empty space. A card board with lots of columns of data can easily take up much more vertical space making working with a board view like this fairly cumbersome, especially on smaller screens.

Currently, all columns that are chosen to be displayed for the table will show on all cards. We are hoping to give the card layout some attention at some point, but I don’t have a timeframe of when that might be able to happen.

There are a few other items we’d love to fix with cards as well. A common request we get is for buttons to display in cards as well. Currently they just show “modal”.