Launched: Cards 2.0 - More features, cleaner design & easier interactions

I have some notes, the “new card” button MUST be on/off, because it’s 2 year that i use cards in my layout and they are added using a “form-like” table (in detailed view) with a button that create a new row, and now that button makes super confusing all of my layouts!
P.s. we have still BIG issue with 2 columns layout, see screen:

ezgif.com-video-to-gif

Now more than ever WE NEED AND DESERVE A ROADMAP!
I CANNOT HAVE BROKEN LAYOUT IN PRODUCTION DOC OVERNIGHT
I CANNOT LOST DAYS TO RE-MAKE ALL OF MY LAYOUTS WITHOUT HAVING A “HEY WE ARE CHANGING THIS AND THAT, BE READY”

I cannot have a layout that is ok today and who knows tomorrow, guys, just let us know what’s in your heads, if the doc is my product and people use it, it cant change overnight without notice, it’s bad from every point of view. Coda is not more in beta, isn’t it?

I clearly understand why you keep your future features secret, it is convenient, and i was ok with it, multiple times we have talked in this community about roadmaps availability, and while Coda was still in his juvenile form not releasing those is reasonable, but that’s not fair no more for the users of an reliable web app out of beta.
ESPECIALLY if the new idea of coda is also an App Maker, app layout and usability cannot change every week.

Please, can we have a roadmap? Or, if this classified military secrets cannot be opened like pandora box, just tell me as an app maker on coda how i should organize my layout.
We all know and use this “trick”

That is “approved by coda” as today (i mean that no one has ever said ‘don’t use this guys, it’s gonna be possibly broken in future updates’, and actually some demo doc from codans use this “hack”, so yes it’s logically supported)

So, now this work, and what if tomorrow it’s no more supported? is this “my business” to care of?
Will the answer be "Oh sorry Mario, we do not support this or that no more, you have to re-write your entire app basically :)))) "
Because that’s not cute…
Don’t take me bad, i LOVE new features and improvements in UI, and apart for some inaccuracies due to all the possible different combination that docs can offer, i really like this improvements, but if this is how things are gonna work in future, i want a “Coda App Layout Best Practices”.
A repository of the “supported way of doing things” related to app making, to respect the time i’ve put into my coda app.
And what is indicated as “supported” in that file/doc/whatever MUST be really supported in a future-proof way into coda.
If not, my app is a joke, and no one like to waste time and resources, or not?
Thanks for the update and for the patience to read all of this, but please remember that for some of us coda is a serious work tool and not a cool web app to manage light dataset…

Update: i have been too rude in this post, i’ve just finished re-imagining the ui and the layouts trying to fully use the new Cards 2.0, and i have to admit that they add a lot to coda.
Thanks to conditional formatting, layouts can have much more possibilities to be good ones, and it gives a “dashboard look” if implemented with creativity.

I apologize to codans for being heavy and not super constructive in the criticism, before i have even understood what the advantages could be.
I lost some hours on this, and yeah in future if it possible to not “break” docs during the night i would be happier…
Not only for me but also for all my doc users that are not into coda and simply find confusion in unplanned changes…

@Guilherme_Salles I’ll take your good advice and from now on I’ll stay on the marked path more often, it’s convenient for me at the end…

P.s. Some details are inaccurate, like here in top grouping:
ezgif.com-video-to-gif (2)

Where text cover the graph below

1 Like