Launched: Coda 2.0, a simpler, cleaner, and faster doc for teams

I love the idea of ​​Coda. I have been using it for some time to evaluate its possibilities. I was anxiously waiting to see the pricing. But I confess that I was a little disappointed.
It had been promised a different pricing from the market, which I could not see. Since any doc user needs to be a editor (in order to mark that they have completed a task, e.g.), I would need to pay per user just like any other service. So the price would be $ 6 per user after all (maybe a little less considering the quota included).
It’s a reasonable price, but in my view it’s still the same model, just communicated differently.
I also found it wrong to limit packages in the Pro plan as it makes no sense to sign a larger plan for small teams. So a small team would be left without the ability to use Gmail integration, e.g.
Finally, I was also expecting the ability to attach files to docs, which did not happen. Without this feature, I think of migrating definitely to Notion or Airtable, although they don’t have some features that I like very much in Coda.
Well, I hope my feedback has been helpful and you are still willing to make adjustments to the business model.

5 Likes