Launched: Copy an anchor link

Any idea when this will be fixed? It doesn’t work on published pages, just on editor page.

If i copy the link in the coda editor and paste it, it will work. It will scroll.
If i copy the link from published doc it will not scroll, just open the page.

Cheers

Hi Paul, If I want to send a user to the top of a page after they click a button, however the “top of the page” is just a piece of text sitting on the canvas, currently when click the “kebob” to the left of the part of my doc where I want to copy the link (in this case the piece of text at top of the page) and then paste the copied link, the copied link is a “https://” type link. My question / concern is that if the user copies the doc to use for a completely different project will that https:// link send the user back to the top of the page of the original doc OR to the top of the page of the newly copied doc? Thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide on this issue.

@hieutran I thought I ask you this question as well. Thank you! Launched: Copy an anchor link - #22 by adoc_mama

Hi @adoc_mama , I just double-checked, and this should work as expected/desired. Just to be sure, the scenario you’re talking about is copying a link to a specific line, then pasting that link in another page on the same doc? In that case, after pasting the link into your doc, if you click on the edit button, you should see something like:

That link at the bottom is a relative link, and if you copy the doc, if will take the user to the corresponding page within the copy. I hope that answers your question, let me know if I’ve misunderstood or if the behavior you’re seeing isn’t as I’ve described. Thanks for building with Coda!

1 Like

Hi Paul, the reported issues are now fixed except for one: when the page jumps to the anchor, it is still at the bottom of the window and not at the top as expected and usual.

anchor_on_the_bottom_of_the_window

1 Like

Two more things:
An anchor link is always automatically named after the page title. This doesn’t always make sense, so you’ll want to change the link title.

• In URL view, the title of the link can be changed, but not in Card view. Even if you rename the link in URL view and then switch to Card view, the page title is still shown as link title.
  • In both views there is an unnecessary black popup with white font repeating the page title.

1 Like

Hi Momcilo,

I wanted to follow up to let you know that anchor links now work with published docs as well. If you still notices issues with them on published docs, please let me know, and thanks for your report!

2 Likes