After we launched drag-and-drop in March, we heard feedback throughout the community that the capability was powerful, and that you wanted more options for when you could use it. We’ve expanded the scope for drag-and-drop to accommodate two more use cases:
- Drag-and-drop into collapsed headings
- Drag-and-drop between pages
Drag-and-drop into collapsed headings
You can drag headers, tables, views, text or list items into a collapsed heading. When you do, the item(s) you drop into the collapsed heading will land at the bottom of the content within that collapsed heading.
Drag-and-drop between pages
At the heart of our pages launch was a goal to give you more options for doc organization and navigation. To help you organize or reorganize your doc, we’ve made it possible to drag-and-drop items between pages.
When you drag content to a different page, it will automatically land at the end of the page’s existing contents. We’ve already seen Codans use this feature to drag content between drafts, move tasks and tables between teams’ pages and consolidate older items into archive pages.
Some tips for using drag-and-drop to move content between pages:
- You can drag-and-drop content to a page on the page list or in the subpages header
- If you want to create a new page, you can drop your content directly on the ‘+ New Page’ option at the bottom of the page list
- If you find yourself on a drag-and-drop spree and forget where you dropped content, good ol’ fashioned “Undo” (Command + Z on a Mac or Ctrl + Z on a PC) will bring the content back to its original location
We’ll continue to invest in more drag-and-drop options, and hope these updates help you unlock even more organizational power in your docs!