Launched: New Remote Work Drag-and-Drop Templates

As more and more teams shiftedーoften abruptlyーto entirely remote work, we wanted to make it easier to access the tools that help distributed teams stay connected in Coda.

Today, we’re announcing a new collection of remote work drag-and-drop templates that can be added via the ‘+’ button or by the using the / command. When browsing template collections, you should see “Working remotely” as an option to quickly add building blocks to coda docs that help you facilitate remote stand-ups, check-in on team sentiment and even host remote team lunches.

All these templates use Coda features that are available on our free plan, so you can get started using them at no cost.

While we know the shift to a fully distributed team can take time, we hope these templates help you and your team stay connected, collaborative and supported. If there’s more that we can do to help you and your colleagues use Coda as a remote team, please let us know!

ー Justin

20 Likes

Love it. Thanks Justin! building some docs for my team right now

6 Likes

Would love to see what you build for your team @Scott_Weir!

1 Like

@justin Is their a plan to enable users or developers to create Drag-and-drop templates?

:+1:t2: I wish I could do it too

1 Like

@David_Greenwood we’ve definitely talked about it. I’m curious, what types of drag-and-drop templates would you create? Would they be for personal use? Or would you want to share them with others?

2 Likes

@justin @betty We are interested in developing Doc Templates for business applications.

D&D Templates are more granular and would be a great way to allow users to customize and augment their starting point by adding rich/combined function, format and content, depending on their requirements.

The D&D templates available are great but are generic, without content (mainly sample data) and do not leverage the valuable opportunity for Makers innovation.

Makers ability to create D&D Templates should enable them to…

• Create Collections and associate them with Doc Templates
  • Create rich functionality and content for specific requirements and vertical apps
  • Provide snap-in embeds from other sources

1 Like

Awesome, great feedback! We’ll definitely take it into consideration. I agree that opening up D&D templates to makers would unlock some very interesting scenarios!

1 Like

I would love to contribute to these d&d templates for vertical businesses

2 Likes

Hey Justin! We’d love to create D&D templates for our creative briefs rather than duplicating a template section.

2 Likes

Hi Justin, Any ETA on this?
FYI @oleg

No official ETA, but stay tuned - there are updates in this space coming shortly!