Launched: New ways to integrate your toolstack into Coda

Hello @Gleb_Posobin , @coda_hq,

I have been doing some testing with embeds and although my main concern is the necessity to share both the original and the document with the embeds, this is a nice step forwards and certainly serves some use cases.

I have run into 2 things that might need to your attention while developing the next steps, I am writing this post to share them with you. This is about the doc with the embedded page(s).

1. I have an embedded page with a table with a related column (to a person table). Upon hoovering over the person objects, I can expand the object and open a modal to these objects (persons in my case). So far so good, but at the top of the modal there is a link to the person table - and this table is not part of this specific doc. Upon clicking on the table link, the original document is opened and the table is exposed. Even though I am aware of the fact that the user has access to both the original doc and the doc with the embeds, I made the doc with the embeds to separate things and to nog have users (accidently) end up in the main doc.
    I hope this can be addressed.

2. we have had issues with using some docs on Apple mobile phones, including the newest ones: the docs crash immediately or within seconds of opening. This is while using chrome, safari or the app. It seems to only happen with seriously big docs. I had the hope that with embedding only a few pages, this problem would be solved, but is it not: I am under the impression that the full (original) doc is loaded even though only a few pages are embedded. On Android we don’t have this problem, perhaps it will solve itself with a future ios update, but if Coda can prevent downloading the entire doc it would probably improve things too.

Thanks for your attention,
Greetings, Joost

2 Likes