Launched: QuickBooks Pack 🧾

Applications evolve, improve, they get easier and more pleasant to use, except for accounting apps…

It’s time to ease some of the pain!

I have been working closely with beta users since February in a QuickBooks Pack, a Pack that allows you to:

:one: Keep a watchful eye on expenses.
:two: View transactions like invoices, payments, bills and more.
:three: Create invoices, expenses and customers.
:four: View and send estimates, purchase orders and invoices.
:five: Categorize your expenses, bills and invoices.
:six: Easily track account balances.
:seven: View data from multiple companies in the same tables.
:eight: Manage your customers, vendors and more!

And now it is live in the Gallery for anyone to add to their docs and use :arrow_heading_down:

The Pack currently has 9 formulas, 17 buttons and 22 tables…, and I am sure it will keep growthing in functionality based on additional feedback and requests.

Special thanks to @Holly_Williams, @Irfan_Khan, @Hendrik_TnB, @Ryan_Redmond and @anon10352527 for being part of the beta, trying, testing and providing amazing feedback during the journey.

Additional thanks to @Nick_HE! Even though we built Packs for the same service we have been collaborating and working together!

Expect more documentation, examples and templates in the coming months :raised_hands:

12 Likes

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that a new version of the QuickBooks Pack has been released that includes reports!

The only one available right now is Transaction List by Date, the idea is to continue adding additional reports as requested by users, so let me know if there is anything else you would like to see in there.

Happy Coda!

This is pretty great! I would like to integrate this with the project tracking finance pack I’m working on.

I wonder how I can make my pack work with your pack and what happens if the user doesn’t have both? :confused:

Hi @Ryan_Scott !

You can integrate both Packs in the doc, but not internally. What did you have in mind?

I see, so the user would download my pack and your pack and if my pack needed to access your pack, it could do that or would the user need to do something? (That would be less than ideal)

My pack manages the projects and payments in and out/expenses and vendor fees associated with each project, tracking the invoices and all that.

I was hoping to write information over to Quickbooks and leverage it for what its good at and obviously bookkeeping is a core strength I would like to leverage.

Sounds like maybe we need to put out a combo pack. :slight_smile:

I am not sure what logic you were thinking about for your Pack, but you can have that in yours and then use the existing actions in the QuickBooks Pack to create or update the records, but without knowing more details is difficult to tell.

Beyond Customer Invoices and Vendor Bills, does this pack support creating/editing customer Credit Memos and Vendor Credits ? I see that no specific formula is avialble to address hte subsequent specific API objects. Are these implicitly supported in the current Invoice / Bills functions and implicitly processed when negative values are found ?
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Laurent_Ades !

At the moment creating or editing credit memos and vendor credits it is not supported but both are in the roadmap. I will let you know once they are implemented and live :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Great. Looking forward to this!

1 Like

@Laurent_Ades just wanted to let you know that it is now possible to create and update credit memos!

Tnaks a ton! Will test it out!

New report included: Profit and Loss!

2 Likes