(not sure if this is the right place to put this…)
Here’s what’s happening:
- I add a Detail view of an existing table to a page.
- I apply an existing Layout that I want to duplicate and then edit to create a new Layout.
- I click the 3 dots and select Duplicate.
- I’m taken into the edit screen for the new layout.
- I rename the Layout with the new name.
- I edit the layout - show, hide questions, move stuff around.
- I save click “Done” to save the layout.
- GLITCH 1: Instead of applying that new layout to the view I’ve been working on, it applies the original layout that I copied to make the new one.
- If I’m not paying attention, my brain looks at the original layout and I think I’ve missed something, so I immediately click the “Edit Layout” button and start fixing stuff, not realizing I’m editing the original layout, not the new one I’ve made. (I have done this several times on accident.)
- GLITCH 2: If I AM paying attention, I go to select the new layout from the dropdown, but it doesn’t show up. I have to close the right sidebar and then click “Display” on the view and then the new layout will show up in the dropdown.