@ mention a section

I often begin a new project by taking notes. I would like to be able to then build a section for that project and @ mention relevant notes/sections for quick access to those notes.
Like linking to a row, but without the overhead of creating a table.

1 Like

inserting hyperlink from toolbar and link it to a specific section should work right?

1 Like

Yeah like Krunal said, you can click the hyperlink button on the toolbar. You can also hit Command+K or just paste in the link to the section.

1 Like

While this works, is there a reason why it shouldn’t show up in “@” mentions?

Linking to it the way you describe works. But it’s lacking the “hover to discover” feature of @mentions.
Still, I appreciate the feedback, @Krunal_Sheth and @Angad. Thank you.

But I’m with @GJ_Roelofs. Is there any reason not to be able to @mention a section? It would save me from jumping from my project/subject into a related note, back to my product/subject section because that wasn’t the note I was looking for, and then repeat.

It’s not that critical. I try to keep all my notes in the section in which it belongs. It’s part of the “project” or subject, after all. But when a handful of notes come first… Just hoping for a way to make collecting the information easier.

1 Like

Totally, it’s a great idea to bring sections into the @mention experience. Will pass on the idea to the team!

5 Likes

Any updates on this? :smiley:

@Angad Actually, it would really be interesting to be able to @ headers in sections as well.
That way I don’t have to setup a Glossary table.

3 Likes

Hey GJ those are both great ideas. We aren’t working on those actively at the moment so I can’t promise a timeline yet. However we have some other exciting updates coming out soon and that will hopefully make your experience better!

2 Likes

Well that’s definitely something to tease with then! Looking forward to it!

bringing it up again :point_up_2:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

It’s now been over a year since this was updated. Is there a plan or this?