Merge documents

With the new possibility of pages and subpages I would like to merge several documents. In this topic is shown that you can do this manualy with copy paste: Merge two docs or copy one doc into another.
That would be really time consuming in my case. You have to recreate every page or subpage, select the icon and when I tried, also the detailed display of my tables was affected.
This topic is from June 2019, is there in the meantime another possibility to merge documents? Would be great!

Dear @Dorien_Deroost,

Unfortunately there is no other option.

For the moment not possible, but I assume it would help a lot if we where able to copy the whole page and past it in an other document.

Dear @BenLee it would be great if you could check with the relevant team if this technical can be made possible in a future update

Dear @Jean_Pierre_Traets,

Thank you for the answer!

That would be a very great help indeed!

Hi Jean Pierre,

Has there been any update on this?

Regards
Piet

Hi @Piet_Strydom,

We don’t have a merge docs feature and I don’t think it’s something that’s on the roadmap either, at least not near term. The best option is copying a full page at a time for now.

Hello, I just made a new page in my doc. Dragged all the pages into sub pages of my new page (I called it index and listed all my pages, so i didn’t get them mixed up in the process. But that’s not important) and then moved the index page using the Copy to Doc option and all the subpages went too. That absolutely did what I needed. Hooray!

3 Likes

This actually worked brilliantly. Would be nice if you could simply drag spaces into other BUT I understand the database issues that could occur with that…kind of lol :smirk: