Mobile app always told browser not supported

Trying to use the mobile app on my Android smartphone, as soon I try to login using my email (not the integrations with Google or so) I get to a page telling me my browser it’s not supported.

I’m using Firefox as a default browser, but have also Chrome installed.

So I can understand maybe it’s not a native app but a web app, still if Firefox it’s not supported will be good at least asking which browser I want to use.

It works when you set Chrome to your default browser. But it is very disappointing for Coda to not support Firefox tho. I hope the dev can make it work on Firefox.

I can understand why having Firefox working it’s not a top priority, but I (not an expert in the topic) was thinking a Web app will normally integrate their own browser to overcome any problem, that’s why I was surprised.
This is the first time I got this kind of problem from an mobile app, that need to be self consistent.
As a workaround I suggested just asking what browser need to be used, even if knowing Chrome is the only supported I better just create a link to the page in my home.

I´m a big fan of coda but…Edge on my android devices is also not supported and more trouble with a banner shows “share” and “vote” button directly overlay the “Submit” Button in a form.
I worked hours and hours and at least I´m forced to show my clients this result. Only Chrome can display correct and it is not possible to hit the “Submit” Button. What rating should I expect and to whom I will share this Coda Doc. So please Coda, find a solution with that anoing button, kick it in the bin or what ever. The years before it worked without this nonsens very well.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.