Unsupported browser bypass

Hello,

Is there any way to use Coda with the Opera browser? Opera uses Chromium, it can use Chrome extensions etc. but for now when I try to use Coda document I get the “unsupported browser” message.

Maybe there’s some magic parameter I could use, meaning “Please, load the document, I know it can break” and I can try to load the document in Opera?

2 Likes

I have the same problem with Vivaldi browser, which is also based on Chromium. I worked around it with this chrome extension:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-agent-switcher/lkmofgnohbedopheiphabfhfjgkhfcgf/related
Once you install it, you have to paste the following value next to the Change button and press that button:
“Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/72.0.3626.96 Safari/537.36”

Then you go into Coda and it works like a charm. Like you said, use it at your own risk because something might break. But I doubt it because it is chromium based. Hopefully Coda will remove this constraint for Opera and Vivaldi soon.

3 Likes

This allowed me to sign in via Vivaldi browser, but then when I create a new doc it won’t let me write anything. Instead it says “View Only - use Google Chrome to interact with this doc”. Is there any way to use Vivaldi to do everything that you could do on Chrome with Coda? Are you getting the same message when you create a new document and start typing?

I too run into some strange issues with that chrome app. I ended up switching to this one:

This one is configurable per domain and it just works. I recommend it.

1 Like

I have the same problem with our local Chromium-based browser Yandex. This is obviously a detection problem, not compatibility. If Coda relies on some webkit functions, it should check for them, not for user-agent.

Hey, Thanks for the sharing. I was disappointed as to how they keep insisting on switching to chrome(understand the reasons). Was using Vivaldi and chrome side by side just because of Coda. Now I can return to normalcy.

It’s very limiting. I want to surface Coda through Microsoft Teams or even Notion, but it doesn’t work. :frowning: