Nested tables - Display the most recent

I have a Sprint Meeting Notes table where my team tracks the current Priority initiatives across all our various departments. We meet bi-weekly to discuss the current Priorities.

My table has the following columns:

The card view for a single row of this table looks like:

You can see that the Priority List column is a canvas into which I duplicate a table with reference columns based on a Master Priority List of long-term initiatives (Epics). We associate a Sprint objective with the Epic but get more specific about what we expect to accomplish within the sprint timeframe.

My question is:
I want to create a dashboard that always has the CURRENT sprint’s priority list displayed as this table. Is this possible? I’ve tried a few different approaches, with no success. I haven’t found a good way to display a table that is embedded within a table.

Hi @Christa_Stephens ! We’re having a little trouble understanding your doc setup. That said, would you mind sharing your doc with us so we can take a closer look at the issues you’re encountering?

You can do that by going to Share in the top right-hand corner, clicking the button in the top right (to the left of the “X”), and toggling on Share with Coda Support (the gif below shows how to do this).

Afterward, please send us a link to that doc in your response so we can take a look for you! :smiley:

Here’s the doc!

Hi Christa -

What if you had a master ‘Sprint Priorities’ table, and you used the ‘Linked Relation’ feature for this?

You can filter your priority list column to only show rows of the master table where Sprint of the priorities table matches Sprint of the meeting notes table.

I put together an example:
https://coda.io/d/_dWhPKagfJRk/Nested-Tables-and-Dynamic-Filtering_su_tc

Thank you! I had considered doing something like this, but it felt a bit overwhelming. Your example helped a lot - I’ll share when I get my updates made to my doc to let you know how it’s working!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.