Please add Text Alignment for Columns (Left, Right, Center)

Can we have the ability to align text? I would like to align some text to the right for visual reasons but cannot

here is what I want

Here ius what we have

6 Likes

second this. Tables look so much prettier and readable when we can have consistent alignment.

2 Likes

Since we’re talking about aligning things, I also drop a suggestion to allow to center vertically within each cell.

Here’s an example. Left is current alignment of a button, image and text. On the right is a quick fix after aligning everything vertically.

4 Likes

Regarding the original request @Colin_Nickerson, you can do this in formula columns with this trick:

1. Create a template like this:

2. Use it in a format like this:

Format(
      @Right-aligned.Template,
      "Your text"
    )

Voila:

Now, my feature request would be to be able to force column headers (names) to the right. So far only numerics are right-aligned but sometimes I want to do numeric-like values like that also right-aligned.

2 Likes

Same here. New to Coda and liking it so far, but this is a pretty basic formatting feature.

2 Likes

Yes please. My use case today was centering a concatenated set up buttons in a detail view. Thx!

1 Like

It’s so weird, each time I come back to Coda and try to use it, I just find more basic features like this completly absent… I can’t really understand how there is still no feature to align text or values in a column… Crazy…

4 Likes

Just realized there’s a slightly more simple and elegant way to solve this need with a custom pack column format: