Populate Text with Grouped Data

I feel like there is probably an easy way to do this, but I haven’t found it yet. I’m trying to create a schedule document that becomes populated by data from a table.

The table consists of many sessions, and each session has one date. When looking at the data, I group it by date.

I know you can populate text with select controls, but is there a way to populate a document with data from each row? Similar to what you’d do with a loop?

Thanks!

Hi Samuel,

Welcome to Coda! I hope you find the product useful.

You give very little details around your request, so it is difficult to determine whether my suggestion of the FormulaMap() function below would be the best option.

My first question would be why do you have two tables in the first instance?

In the searchbar type in FormulaMap to go to the page with FormulaMap examples.
Overview of Examples · Rambling Pete's Quick examples.

Regards
Rambling Pete

Hi Piet, thanks for your response.

There’s just one table as of now. I will try to explain in more detail below.

My table looks something like this:

So as you can see, each session has a date. What I want to do is group the table by the date, then populate a document template with that data. So the document would look something like:

8/24/22

9:00 AM - 12:30 PM Orientation

1:00 PM - 3:30 PM Intro to X

4:00 PM - 5:00 PM Intro to Y

It would be a bit more complex, but that is the basic idea. I know you can populate a document with data from a single row, but I want to do it with data from multiple rows that are grouped together. So if I just change the date, the document will be automatically populated with the data from that group. I hope this made a bit more sense.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.