Problem with printing

This has only appeared in the last week, when I try to print my document to pdf all the sections are superimposed on top of each other. Not sure if it is a bug or something I am doing wrong?

1 Like

Hi Alex, what browser and on what OS?

Hi @Alex_Woodcraft,

I have the same experience.
I described it in this thread. Print as PDF doesn’t work

Unfortunately I haven’t found a workaround yet. I am running google Chrome on WIN

Looking forward to a fast fix because I have to archive some pdf.

Cheers Thomas

Hi there, I am using Chrome on Windows 10 so similar. It worked fine until very recently.

Alex

Hi @Alex_Woodcraft, @Thomas_Hebes,

I assume that getting in touch with support@coda.io would be the best to do.

Share with them the doc you want to print and maybe a screenshot of your printing settings would help them also to analyse.

Just some tip from own experience:

• If not necessary to print on paper, print to a bigger size like A3 in stead of A4 / Letter
  • Keep margins at a minimum
  • Scale to fit or reduce to 90%
  • Switch portret to landscape
  • Play with these settings:

Of course if you learn some new tricks during the “debugging” the community will appreciate your efforts to share them

1 Like

Hi @Jean_Pierre_Traets,

thanks for your tips. It’ a pity none of the tips worked.

So I followed your advice and wrote to the support@coda.io.

I will leave feedback when I found something new.

Cheers Thomas

1 Like

Yes, thank you. I think it may be a bug in an update as it worked before so hopefully support can help.

Alex

1 Like

We’re tracking this Chromium bug https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1018581 that causes garbled characters. Affects Coda users on macOS Catalina with Chrome when printing docs w/ italic styling.

This is a different effect. I’ll TAL now and let you know what I find. Thanks for your patience.

-Matthew

2 Likes

Hi All,

I tracked down the issue and will work to release an update asap that fixes it. We usually update daily so expect this fix to be available within the next 1-2 days. Again, apologies for the inconvenience.

-Matthew

1 Like

The fix has been released. Print preview should now be correct with multiple sections.
Let me know if it is not.

You may need to refresh your browser to pick up the fix. Updated in version 5c720552dba8 viewable at https://coda.io/versionz.

4 Likes

Hi @Matthew_Tebbs,

I have checked all my doc and so far it works like expected. THX for fast fix!!!

Cheers Thomas

2 Likes

Brilliant, that works fine now. Thanks again for the quick response.

Alex

2 Likes