Progress bar with checkbox

Hello to all :),

I’m looking for some help to make a relation between my Done column and the Progress column for an interaction when we check one of the boxes and once all the tasks are done for this part, it will change the color according to the parameters added in the conditional format.

I know that the solution is not very complicated but I’m struggling a bit :frowning: with this type of formula ^^.

Thank you in advance for the help you will give me,

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. Sincerely,

Thierry

Nobody would have a solution to propose :slight_smile: ?

Hi @Thierryvm,

Apologies, I struggled to understand what you are after but that could just be me.

Is this what you are after?

Kind regards

Dale

1 Like

Hello,

Almost :), basically each time you have a goal it is divided into several subsections in the result key column.

When you have completed one of these subsections, you check the box in the Done column which will validate a percentage of the progress bar in the Progress column which in turn returns the result in the Objectives table.

I hope I have been more precise and I remain at your disposal to answer your questions :slight_smile:

Last little point ^^, I don’t want the conditional format of the result column to be transferred to the progress column.

Thanks in advance for your help and don’t hesitate to use the page I’ve shared with you :slight_smile:

Sincerely,
Thierry

1 Like

Thanks @Dale_Cowling for your help it’s much better :slight_smile: with one detail ^^ If(thisRow.Progress=100,True ,false() ) I had the solution because I had done If(thisRow.Progress=True,True() ,false() ) .

Thanks for your help.

Thank you for your help,

Thierry

1 Like

I don’t think I can take much credit for this one @Thierryvm, pretty sure I did nothing more than act as a sounding board at best. Glad you managed to find your solution regardless :grinning:

1 Like

But it’s thanks to the community that we progress :), so thank you for taking the time to help me ^^

Thank you for your help,

Thierry

1 Like

I made a slightly improved version with the help of @christiann_huizer .

This version aims to give a more advanced view of the progress of a goal.

By adding 4 columns, Validation keys-Party-Total and Percentage %. Each of these columns are necessary to have full control over the progress bar.

The first column formula Part

thisTable.Filter(Objective.Contains(thisRow.Objective) And Validation Keys).Count() ,

filters the table to obtain the number of objectives and when a checkbox is validated, a percentage is displayed in the progress bar.

The second formula concerns the Total column.

thisTable.Filter(Objective.Contains(thisRow.Objective)).Count()

This is used to count the total number of sub-objectives, so if you have 4 sub-objectives this column will show 4 etc.

The last column Percentage % is used to display the values in numerical form and this formula is used in the Progress column. The column must be in % format otherwise you will have to do *100

I hope this will help others to solve a problem and thanks again to @christiaan-huizer for all the help in understanding this problem.

Sincerely,

Thierry

1 Like

Now that I can see the final solution I can say for sure that I was way off base with my what I thought you were aiming for :stuck_out_tongue:

Just a thought on the execution. Could you delete the columns Partie and Total and place their formula into the formula for either Progress or Percentage.

Something like:

Quotient(thisTable.Filter([Objective]=thisRow.Objective).Count(),
thisTable.Filter([Objective]=thisRow.[Objective]).Count())

I am not sure if this will have any impact on calculation performance but it will be cleaner. If you still need both Progress and Percentage to show as their own separate columns you can have one look at the other so only one of them has to run the calculation.

2 Likes

HI @Dale_Cowling
wonderful to see you helping so many people, merci!
you are right, the columns I instructed @Thierryvm are for educational purposes only, in my own docs I would have integrated the formula in the slider, but this is easier to understand for any newbie.
Cheers, Christiaan

3 Likes

Hello @Dale_Cowling,

I should have specified that this addition was for educational purposes and that you had performed tests on the progress bar directly, but for everyone to understand the logic behind it, I preferred to leave all the columns.

Otherwise, indeed, it was more judicious to realize the complete formula in the progress bar.

However, during our first tests, inconsistent values were obtained because it is currently impossible to put anything other than numerical values in the Maximum part which is by default 100 and for it to work properly, it should be possible to add a value in the form of %.

@christiaan_huizer, don’t hesitate to correct me if I have misunderstood or explained ^^

Sincerely,

Thierry

hi @Thierryvm , hi @Dale_Cowling

The documentation related to progress bar is poor to say the least and that makes that you have to explore and thus test what is possible.

I would appreciate a launch that explains several scenarios in more detail with quite some variations.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.