Publishing a form in different languages

Hello, what approach is recommended to publish a coda form in multiple languages ? Ideally I would want to have just 1 results table, with multiple forms feeding into it.

I have found how to change the language for the description, title, and question prompts using layouts BUT

some of the questions in my form are multiple choice. these choices come from a relations table. the dropdown selections need to be translated as well. this is where I get stuck, because I can add entries to my multiple choices table but I can’t figure out how to filter those entries per layout

thank you for all comments and advice

Humm this is a great question. I don’t think we have this functionality… yet. I’d love to file a feature request for you. Would you mind answering a few questions?

• Can you please provide some more details about the behavior that you’re looking for?
  • What value does this new feature unlock? What does this help you accomplish?
  • On a scale of 1 to 4 (1 = nice to have, 4 = absolutely must have), how badly would you say you need this feature?

In the mean time as a patch, you could have multiple forms all go to the same table with the English version being the first few rows, Spanish the next few etc and then combine the results but it is a little hacky.

Actually, @MBB,

I this can be done. You can use form URL parameters. Check out the Form Parameters or this article for a bit more info on how they work.

And here’s a forms example showing how you can set up the different options to auto-filter for each language.

https://coda.io/embed/-Njy12rNZE/_su24d?viewMode=embedplay&hideSections=true

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.