Questions about Images

Hello! I have a few questions about images:

1. Is there a way to upload multiple images at a time but have them each go into their own row? When I drag them all now, they are uploaded into the same cell.

1b. If not, is there a way to access the images individually if they are all in the same cell?

1. Is it possible to access the name of the images files in a formula?

Thanks!

1. Currently no, there is not a way to drag and drop or upload a group of images and have them populate across many rows. However, b – can you share a bit more? Each image should be a stand alone object, where you can either expand or scroll through depending on how you have the column set up. How would you like to access images individually?

2. You could have the column of the images be a file column. How would you like to “access the name of the images” ? Would you like to filter the uploaded images?

1 Like

Thanks for your response.

Basically, I’m trying to make something like a roster table consisting of three rows:

1. First name
  2. Last name
  3. Image

However, I have all the images in one folder & they are named something like 0000_[Last name]. Right now when I upload them, they are all put into a single cell.

So I want to be able to upload the images on a 2nd table, then in the roster table I’d filter want to filter by image to have the right image in the right column.

This is roughly what I want:

Hope this helps explain what I’m trying to achieve. Or if there’s a way to do this without the image table that works too.

Thank you!

This makes sense –

One idea – to get the images in the right rows could be to use a button in the column of the images.
There may be a way to filter all the images by title, as well, but I would recommend getting the full list of images into rows.

Here is an easy way to split all the image files out first:

I used a column button with this formula:

FormulaMap(thisRow.Images, AddRow([Photo Button], [Photo Button].Images, CurrentValue))

Screen Cast 2022-10-12 at 9.17.10 AM

Once you have the images spread out in rows, You can do a filter for the image file names pretty easy.

2 Likes

They call her Saint Kyleigh of The Coda Isles. Thank you so much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.