"Quick add" to Coda - by email, browser like extension, etc

A lot of the work we do involves building software and websites. Is there a good way to send content to Coda via email or a browser extension? I know there aren’t official ones but does someone have a workaround they can share?

Example - user emails support with a bug. Email is forwarded to Coda. Coda adds it to the Dev Tasks table.

QA team is reviewing example.com. They find a bug. They use a browser extension or some feature to quickly send the URL, a note, maybe a tag/category to the right table or doc in Coda.

4 Likes

This is a feature I could really use as well. I was excited to see Coda had a Chrome extension, but sad to see it only was a bookmark to my Coda docs and didn’t actually have any functionality.

I could really use this functionality.
ClickUp has an official browser extension and Notion has several 3rd parties that make it easy to grab web content and add it to the right database in the app.
For Coda, one of the largest hurdles I have is adding data from my gmail inbox in a seamless way. I usually work my way through my inbox then move over to Coda to work on my to-dos.

Hi Enoma

For your second question, you can make use of the Gmail pack to pull your emails into Coda.

Once in Coda, you can then add columns to the basic email table. These columns could be anything, a status, a tag, an AI summary, a project, for example.

You could populate those columns manually or automatically, and then use different views as necessary.

For your first question, Coda s functionality is there, but basic. It allows you to save a webpage. Once again, once the webpage is in a Coda table, you can manipulate it like any other table.

Something that works well for me is to get the ai to make a three paragraph summary.

It’s just a ramble,
Rambling Pete

Hey Pete!

I find myself tinkering with this workaround every few years. A dedicated email database is a possible approach but like you’ve noted basic, and quite the UX hurdle.
I did a walkthrough of my typical workflow for example. My process starts in the inbox and I have the opportunity to add the email in its relevant context/database directly from that page. The bi-directional linking is incredibly powerful as well.

Thanks for sharing your rambles! They’re always welcome.

1 Like