New Coda-er here, Love the app and the functionality and I’m already getting my feet wet with all of the cool stuff I can do, but I’ve got a question for how to get started setting up a sweet lookup tool in Coda.
Here’s the current task workflow
- Member Posts on Facebook asking for a referral in a certain City (i.e. Atlanta, GA)
- I export a list of our paying members from the InfusionSoft database with filters on for that State.
- I sort list alphabetically by city name.
- Manual process of checking distance from Member City —> Requested City (i.e. Athens, GA to Atlanta, GA.)
- If less than a certain value (can be drive time based on google maps api if that’s a thing, or it can be distance based if we’re going actual Geolocation.) We don’t consider those members.
- Respond to facebook message with tags of all members that were found/made the cut.
This process happens multiple times a day and I know that I’m exporting the same set of data multiple times, so this is the PERFECT project to get either automated or at least cut down to a simple copy and paste of values into the right table…but I’m an idiot.
Anyone able to point me in the right direction for where to get started building what I’m looking to do? or is this a pipedream due to the goofiness of the task?
Thanks for reading, love you all.