Reciprocal links auto-generated with @mentions

Hi Isaiah,

What you are describing is very much possible in Coda at the moment.

What is also possible, is to set up a two way relationship between two tables, such that creating a row on one, will create a row in the second.

What is not possible is the ability to enter information on a page, and have that automatically create an entry in a specific table. What Andy describes (@reference) is actually also possible. It is the creation of new rows, from PAGES that are problematic.

I liked roam research very much, but everything is in pages. I use Coda, put everything in tables, and can cross-reference as I want.

Zettlekasten fits perfectly into this model, but based on two way row creation I work much better than I ever worked in roam research.

P

1 Like

Piet - thank you! I’m new to Coda and learning a lot :slight_smile:

I understand that these bidirectional table relationships are possible.

Can you point me to any videos / guides / demonstrations of this so I can see how it might work in my workflow?

"It is the creation of new rows, from PAGES that are problematic.

Can you explain why?

For example, I really love how easy it is to begin typing and link to a [[page]] or #tag to connect ideas on the fly as I have them.

Personally, I have years of Call Logs and notes that I have gone back and searched through (“who introduced me to this author for the first time, etc.”) to answer questions and generate ideas.

The “knowledge graph” concept can be seen in a site like this (Obsidian Publish):

Welcome to The Quantum Well - The Quantum Well - Obsidian Publish!

Isn’t there a ton of promise in linking pages like this? If I were learning math and physics as a kid, I would have devoured a linked knowledge resource like this.

Wouldn’t it be nice to be able to give teammates a similar way to see how a company’s processes and ideas and knowledge links together? To see dependencies on a given task or process (Chesterton’s Fence…before I delete / delay / stop this thing, who or what is tied to it?)

Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts here!