Repeating Action Items

Hello! I have a document set up that an emoji triggers an action item. These action items then get logged to a larger list. However, if you do two action items at once and edit both of them, they seem to only record one of the action items twice. I have attached two photos of what this looks like on my end.

In this, I had :triangular_flag_on_post: testing 1 and :triangular_flag_on_post: testing 2. I went to edit both and now it should show as just :triangular_flag_on_post: testin and :triangular_flag_on_post: testing, but as you can see it just has recorded :triangular_flag_on_post: testing two times. It does not record the testin action item.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Hi Lauren, could you share a sample doc?

https://coda.io/d/_d_4gZafk9pO/db-action-items_suwNt

I think I understand!

You have a doc that you’re using to take meeting notes. You want to flag action items in those meeting notes with the :triangular_flag_on_post: emoji so that you can extract them to an Action Items table. very cool!

However, sometimes you go back and edit your notes. For example here I might have taken the notes:

And I want to have both “Eat breakfast” and “Make Coda friends” extracted to the Action Items table. Sure enough, when I hit the Log Actions button it works fine:

But now I want to edit the action item:

But now when I hit Log Action it creates a new row instead of editing the original one:

Am I understanding the issue correctly?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.