Resource Allocation: Based on difficulty of job and effort

Basically I want be able to set the difficulty level and the effort level for different team members and for their respective roles. So that we can see if we are over utilizing someone and distribute work evenly.

I was thinking that a search for an Open Req (Job search) could be:
Easy (one chili)
Medium (two chili)
Hard (three chili)

The effort per individual is based on their role on the hiring team: (1-10)
Steward(Hiring Manager)
Easy: 2
Medium: 3
Hard: 4
Assessor (interviewer)
Easy: 1
Medium: 2
Hard: 3
Ally (Recruiter)
Easy: 4
Medium: 6
Hard: 8
**Ops (coordinator)[Roadmap & Allocation]
Easy:2
Medium:3
Hard:4

Sweet, love the specificity of how you’re allocating @Curtis_Smith … Really cool doc! Can you explain a bit more what you’re still trying to fill in? I see you got the Difficulty and Individual Effort set up in the table – are you trying to crate controls up top to filter the table by difficulty (:hot_pepper:s) and amount of effort?

Thanks for responding! I think what I’m trying to achieve is a weighted value of effort based on predetermined effort rankings and difficulty levels.

That way we can standardize workloads for those involved in hiring and can try to avoid burnout or loss of production in their other affairs.

Let’s say we set a burnout limit at 30 (this doc shows 10 levels but for this case lets value each block of effort represent “3”.

Lets say I’m a recruiter and I have been given 3 roles to work on. My three roles are all hard (three chilis). Hard Effort for recruiter is scored at an 8 (listed above). There weighted effort would be X

Another recruiter on my team also is working on 3 roles but they are all easy (one chili). Easy effort for a recruiter is scored at 4, so their total weighted effort would be X.

This would help assign roles to recruiters who have bandwidth.

The same weighted system would be used for interviewers as well but theirs would also need to factor in the amount or frequency of interviews.

Does this make sense? I’m not sure if I’m being very clear.

@Curtis_Smith Okay, yeah that makes sense! Playing around a bit and here’s what I’ve come up with (for now at least!).

You can basically make a table that maps each Role-Difficulty combo to the correct effort level. Then, in your “Individual effort” column, you’d look up the correct row from that table (basically, find the row that matches this row and difficulty) and then grab the corresponding effort. It would look something like this!

First, your “Effort by Role” table. the Role column is a lookup to the “Hiring Team Roles” table, just like the ROLE column under “Roadmap & Resources”, so you can match them up.

Then back to “Roadmap & Resources”, you can write a filter in your “INDIVIDUAL EFFORT” column (this is where you want to get your weighted value, right?) that looks like:

[Effort by Role].Filter(Role=thisRow.ROLE AND Difficulty=thisRow.Difficulty).Effort.First()

Let me break down this formula really quick.

• [Effort by Role].Filter(Role=thisRow.ROLE AND Difficulty=thisRow.Difficulty)
    • Go to the “Effort by Role” table, and give me ONLY the rows where the Role is the same as the ROLE in this row, and the Difficulty the same as the Difficulty in this row. It will give you a list of all rows that match, in this case should be a list with one row in it.
  • .Effort
    • From this filtered down list of rows, grab the Effort value of each row (So it will be a list of length 1 that looks something like [6])
  • .First()
    • Grab the first item in the list. Because you have a list at this point with just one effort number in it, we want to grab the number itself instead of the list. So you can do .First() to get the actual effort value inside.

Try that out and let me know if it works out for you!! From there every row should have the correct INDIVIDUAL EFFORT score automatically once the ROLE and Difficulty are chosen. :smile_cat: