Searching multiple keywords

Hello, new to Coda here!
I have a 2 tables, in each table there is a column that contains a number of keywords, each separated by a comma.

I am trying to create a new column in table 1 that returns a list of rows from table 2 where the keyword column contains any of the same keywords.

Hope I have been clear! Any help much appreciated!

Hey @James_Scutt

Welcome to the Coda Community! I think I’ve understood your problem, but it’s always easier to “Show and tell” so I’ve whipped up a quick demo doc for you that outlines the solution.

As I mentioned in the doc, there is an alternative solution which may be easier to understand if you’re still learning. I’ve just gone with the simplest (laziest!) solution in the sample doc.

If you’ve got any questions, feel free to ask.
Jono

Hi Jono,

I was looking at the split function. This is great, thank you very much. Exactly what I was trying to do.

Thanks for your help!
James

Great stuff, glad it worked for you @James_Scutt.

A little while back, I built a knowledge portal for a customer that necessitated a similar “search by keyword” workflow. A bit of advice from that experience, it may be a better solution to handle your keywords as a relation to a separate Keywords helper table.

I’ve updated the demo doc above with some info on this (look at the bottom of the page). Hopefully it’s helpful!

Jono

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.