Sending a PDF as a GMail attachment

Hello

I have made a budgeting system where I can send invoice details on to our book-keeper for payment.

It uses the Gmail pack to send a templated email via the format() function to fill the details. If I include a PDF (from a file type column) it only attaches as an image in the resulting email. Curiously if I forward that email, the file then attaches as a PDF.

Does someone know of a way to wrap or otherwise encode the PDF so that it attaches correctly?

3 Likes

Hello @Thaddeus_Robertson!
As of right now the Gmail pack, doesn’t allow attachments.
Here’s the list of all the parameters you are allowed when sending an email:

According to the Gmail API it is possible, but as I said, the pack doesn’t allow it.

I encourage you to post it in Suggestion Box so people can vote on it and is eventually added to the pack.

Cheers!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey there!

@Saul_Garcia is right that the Gmail pack doesn’t allow for sending Gmail messages with attachments.

But there is a way to use a button in Coda to send a gmail message with an attachment! I’ve been using it for quite some time now and it works really well.

Requires some setup, but is worth it depending on how valuable attachments are in your workflows

3 Likes