[Service] I would like to learn Coda faster

Hey Przemek!

Formulas in Coda are very much like traditional code (even though Coda is advertised as no code). All the best coding practices still apply, and knowledge of algorithms and familiarity with generic C-like programming language syntax all help very much. Do you perchance have any programming knowledge?

I personally discovered Coda when I had already been a seasoned full-stack software developer. So it was much easier for me to get started and get creative with formulas. The pinnacle, perhaps, is the snake game.

Yet still, at first I was also confused. I had a project in mind that I wanted to implement on Coda, and I just started looking through the docs and template gallery to see how different things were done, and also looked into the community forums to discover some interesting tricks. This was my project, by the way:

I am going to start a blog on Coda: codatricks.com. Formulas will definitely be one of the main focuses there. I just need to overcome my writer’s block now and finish the article about best Coda practices (the most important one, the reason I’m starting the blog in the first place).

In case you’re interested in something like this — I also do Coda consulting. Usually this means I’d just build docs for clients, explaining the intricacies if asked. But I used to do teaching and mentoring before too, so we could try that. PM me if you’re interested.

5 Likes