Sharing that Allows Table Editing but prevents Deletion of objects

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is a way to share a doc that allows users to populate information in a table, but prevents them from deleting the actual table?

Thanks,

Dylan Erens

2 Likes

I’m afraid this isn’t possible just yet. It’s also one of my pet peeves because you just know that if you open an app up to a bunch of people there’s going to be somebody who screws it up. :wink:

We are working on this right now - in progress!

But take a look at a few workarounds here to prevent accidental deletion -

1 Like

Has this been resolved @mallika ?

Hi Luca! There are a couple different ways you might be able to accomplish this today:

• You can use locking in your doc (requires a Team plan) and set restrictions to “Interact only”
  • Alternatively, you can publish your doc, which will allow folks with edit access to modify tables but not remove them.

Note that neither of these are true security measures, but they should help prevent casual users of your docs from making unintended table configuration changes. Hope that helps!

Is there a way to share editing access for a published doc only? Or if I share a doc with a specific individual and have “Anyone with link” turned off, will they still be able to edit the unpublished view or access the unpublished view from their coda.io homepage?