Simple issue with layouts - can you help!?

Hey there, I’m just migrating from Google sheets and I have a simple (I think!) query for someone who mind be kind enough to help me!?

I’m having an issue with layouts -

I’ve created:

• one master table

• then two views of that master table

• two different layouts for the two views

However, when I go into either of the two views and change the layout and then go back to the other view, I find that this layout has been changed to the layout that I changed on the other view.

Is there a way to ensure that the layouts stay specific for each view?

I’ve created folder here called example and it contains all of the data, could you kindly let me know what I’m doing wrong?

Here’s the link: https://coda.io/d/Copy-of-Its-Done-Project-Management_dkLlaA6Gi7A

For context, as you’ll see on the sheet, the objective here is to create an order button for each view which only contains the fields which are relevant to that order (e.g. if it’s a design order, we don’t want to show and data fields related to writing details).

Thanks so much for your help!

Are you adjusting the layouts in the top ‘table’ settings and not within the columns/rows? (I tried looking at your link but i can’t access it…I’m new to Coda too, but that was a mistake I made…updating formulas within the layout itself, rather than adjusting the layout/view from the table settings instead)

1 Like