Text Box Control

Is there a way to add a text box control? I would like to be able to reference a block of text as a variable in formulas.

I couldnā€™t do that either, but what you can do instead is create a table and disable the title and take off grid lines, it isnā€™t exacly a textbox, but should do the trick

1 Like

Hey @Jeffery_Zhang, @Pedro_Miguel_Rocha_Silveira and others ā€“ weā€™re working now on a new textbox control!

Weā€™d love your feedback on some of the final details if youā€™re willing to try it out.

Please fill out this form if youā€™re interested, and weā€™ll follow up. Thanks!

I have a table where Iā€™m saving download links - for certain download links, the name of the file being downloaded is a ā€˜cleanā€™ / non-garbled name and I split it off using a formula based on a drop down value (site name)

However for some links (I select ā€˜Otherā€™) in the drop down, and I need to manually type in the file name - the way Coda works, I canā€™t type the file name in the same field the formula is writing to, I have to add an additional text field for those site downloads.

I wish the textbox OR Coda would implement a way where though a flag you can get the formula to ā€œreleaseā€ its hold on the field where it could be typed into normally!

In my use case, when Iā€™m downloading from Site A, the file name field is automatically populated, where as for Site B, the formulaā€™s grip on the file name field is released and I can type in the name manually.

Maybe a specially kind of IF statement like IIF that causes the function to disconnect its output, or some-such :stuck_out_tongue: