Trigger AI from a button

Is there away to trigger the coda ai from a button to populate a fields. I have a large table and I’d like to be able to fill a canvas field with a prompt only when i trigger it and not automatically. There are a few columns implicated in the prompt, and the automated way triggers the ai in any change, which can slow things down and create unnecessary calls.

1 Like

Hi @Mohamed_Hamad1 ! Great question. I am not aware of such a thing (calling Coda AI in a row or a button). Why don’t you creating a button (with openAI API) and solve the problem. I think that would be much faster but unless I know (at least) the outline of the table…I am not able to provide much more…

Cheers

There is an action to refresh an AI column in a table. You can disable “auto-calculate on reference changes” and trigger the AI calculation through a button.

More here:

2 Likes

Amazing! thats exactly what i needed!! thank @Paul_Danyliuk

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@Doug_Loud , @Christiaan_Huizer

Paul explains above the idea of preventing AI from recalculating continuously, and then recalculating via button later.

I haven’t tried it, but it looks close

1 Like