Value for New Rows working inconsistently

I created a button for users to add new rows with certain default values based on formulas (which are working great), but some users are creating new rows using the plus sign. So, for the new rows to still have the default values, I’m trying use the same formulas in the “Value for New Rows” column feature, but it’s only working for 1 of the 3 columns I want it to, despite using practically the same formula across columns.

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 9.58.25 AM

Additionally in the formula preview, it displays the correct value (see screenshot below). But when I go to click the new row + sign, the formula-based value doesn’t appear in the first two columns, just the third.

Hi @John_Palfreyman,

Is it possible to share your doc - or a copy of it?
That way would be easier to look at the actual implementation.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hey @John_Palfreyman ! Just wanted to check in to see if you were still looking for some help here? We would love to take a look at your doc to help you out. However, if you’re unable to share that doc publicly here in Community, please don’t hesitate to follow up with us at support@coda.io.

1 Like

Yes thanks! @Federico.Stefanato was very kind to help me in a private, sanitized doc. Thanks for checking.

1 Like

Awesome! Glad @Federico.Stefanato was able to help you out.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.