What small improvements to Coda would be the most impactful for you?

Improve editing/searching, handling of text documents.

Create a Coda for Dummies book

4 Likes

-proper full width. half of my screen empty.
-more icons in scale options.
thank you :slight_smile:

12 Likes

under page locking, ability to disable row deleting (either on it own, or coupled with the disable row add button).

please

11 Likes

The ability to collapse any object under any collapsible text regardless of the text hierarchy (for example H1 can collapse under H3. Or a photo, line, code block, and so on…)

4 Likes

Custom format currency support.
(or if not custom, add Peso currency support. multiple countries uses pesos as currency. Philippines, Mexico, etc.)

4 Likes

In line with the feedback of @Xyzor_Max

Not having any clue how hard it is to remove this crumble path logic or make it optional (which would be my preference). You see this if you open a row as full screen modus. Most of the times I don’t want users to click. Clicking brings the user back to the table and permits for deleting rows (which I try to avoid) using full screen.

8 Likes
  • Proper full width
  • ability to select default width (wide, narrow, or auto) for all new pages
  • separate locking switch for deleting rows
  • fixing text input control to adapt to column width (right now it overflows if the column is too small) or even better, being able to resize its width (e.g. I don’t need a large input field for 2-digit numbers)

that’s top of my mind for small improvements

10 Likes

What @Xyzor_Max and @Christiaan_Huizer already said I would just add one more small addition, when you lock the document also disable show hidden pages toggle, so user cant unhide pages you hidden for a reason :slight_smile:

12 Likes

drag select rows. shift selection is time consuming and difficult.

2 Likes

Numeric keyboard in the app when the column is a number. Currently is the normal keyboard.

3 Likes

Option to disable auto complete when column type is number.
It’s something completely unnecessary and it’s has caused me a few big problems.

2 Likes

Option to lock column type.
Sometimes even after setting up all columns of a table, Coda change columns types for no reason.

5 Likes

The ability to have the same control over the IOS/Android user experience as with the web app view. I am facing the risk of having to leave Coda because I can’t make my doc look the same on an iPad as it does on my Mac. This has become a showstopper as user insist on wanting to use their iPhones - damn them :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Simple number formatting that works the same in formulas, canvas, etc. for currencies, decimals, percent, etc. If you still have free time, ability to reduce padding around text. thanks!

3 Likes

From most to least impactful to me:

• “Disable-if” available for all columns (if formula evaluates to true, the cell becomes uneditable)
  • Locking switch to prevent row deletion except via button action
  • Proper full-width
  • Locking switch to prevent unhiding pages
  • “Hide-if” at page level that takes a formula and hides the page if the formula evaluates to true.
13 Likes
  1. Conditional formatting for in-canvas formula results.
  2. Fix the formula editing experience (the jumping around, auto inserting variables when just trying to move a cursor is pretty confusing and constantly leads to re-typing or errors).
  3. Remember if the formula was last open in full-view vs small-view (for larger formulas, one currently needs to tap through with multiple clicks.
6 Likes

Actually this also happens in my company tables, we have an empty table with all column formats set, which we use to past some excel tables we get from external sources and import them in Coda. like 2 out 5 times Coda just decides to randomly change column type after pasting the excel table. Its a bit annoying …

• Option to disable deleting of rows to prevent data loss (this more than anything!)
  • Faster scrolling of version history (by only loading dates/high level metadata first not all entries within dates) as the current UI is not usable to look many days or months in the past for documents with large numbers of daily changes
  • workspace options to set defaults for document sharing, document copying so that documents don’t get inappropriately shared or copied
  • workspace options to set defaults for things like “allow quick adding of new items” on lookups, “show add row button” for tables to reduce tedious setup when the maker wants documents to be more restrictive and controlled
3 Likes
  • Independent headings, text, and line dividers for row detail modals and forms to break up and/or group sections of columns together
  • More general style control to override defaults (default header spacing can be strange; e.g. a heading below buttons leaves too little space between them, but a line break adds too much)
  • Full width form elements in the canvas, so four buttons or filtering inputs side by side in columns looks less chaotic
  • Some kind of scorecard component (small header + big bold number). A common pattern that is difficult to accomplish with the default CSS
1 Like
  • Ability to hide the search box for some users (it can generate results that are confusing for laypeople; sometimes its better to build our own search for what we know the doc user needs)
  • ability hide the ‘show hidden columns’ view
  • ability to prevent opening rows by clicking on tab to left of row

these all would mitigate the chance of a basic user stumbling into, or breaking something inadvertently

• ability to add comments to formulas and automations
3 Likes