What small improvements to Coda would be the most impactful for you?

• Ability to show/hide row numbers
  • Ability to wrap/unwrap column headers
  • Links to a specific header in the doc should preview that header (dynamically), and not just the page title
3 Likes

Formatting !

For me, the power of Coda is that I can make documents, reports, that auto-complete with data. BUT, if I want to create something clear and eye catching I always have to “cheat” by using H1, H2, etc. to adjust the size.

For example, in this reporting, I manage to do something that fits my original idea but it’s a very long reporting and I can’t use the outilne function because my numbers are using a H2… And it would be a space saver to have the “+7” just after the “24” but I can’t have two formats on the same line.

Also, I can’t respect the same color code in all the elements because there is only a few colors available and they are not the same on the different elements. Let’s say I always want the infos that refers to subsidiary A in a certain color. I can’t put the exact same color in text, in conditional format and in charts because they are not various enough and not even the same tone on the few that exist.

Charts and Gantts
The rest of my team is not very enthousiastic to move completely to coda because simple functionalities that works in excel don’t work in Coda. Two exemples they used: gantt charts are very limited and we can’t supperpose bars and lines in the same chart. Also, I can’t adjuste the height of a chart or have two scales on the same chart.

5 Likes

My wish would be drastically improve pdf generating and pdf printing capabilities, which also includes setting up a detailed view of a table row, and be able to print that row alone (with that view) and perhaps generate a multipage pdf with all the rows in a table.

I guess there are chances one could find workarounds, or other 3rd party tools, but in my opinion, this should be an included feature in Coda.

Also sometimes generating a pdf is extremely slow, so perhaps there are rooms for improvements… I believe so! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hey Christian, you got it. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

So totally awesome! Thank you so much.
Can’t wait to put the the functionality into good use!

I have tried it out, and the printing works really nice.

Now for an even more improved printing experience:
I see it will always print the default layout (the one that can1’t be edited). It would be perfect if we could set what layout to use for printing as standard (for that particular tableview). So when a different view of a table is created, we still have our own set default printing view of that same table (even if we view it differently on screen).

My suggestion here is simple: In the dialog box that appears after you choose to print/generate pdf, let us there choose the view we want printed (and as standard, it will default to whatever we have previously chosen as the standard for printing).
Further, being able to choose current row or all rows are really great. Having the possibility to specify rows, just like we would specify pages or page-ranges (like 1, 2, 4-7) when printing a document in word, or adobe acrobat, would be superb!

Great job so far!

1 Like

I would love a way to enter values in a column of a table on mobile without having to open the row modal itself.
My application is a table used to take a physical inventory consisting of hundreds of rows (which makes it time consuming process). I want to make this as painless as possible for the user, so I would like to be able to scroll through the table and enter the value directly on the table. The table has 5 columns including item, item unit of measure, the price per unit, the qty (which is the data I want to be able to quickly enter) and total cost (price per unit x qty).

Mobile view does not allow the user to edit rows without bringing up the row modal (which might not seem like a big deal, but if having to go thought this process hundreds of times, it adds up).

Another thing that makes this not-ideal for mobile use is that the keyboard input does not default to the large number input, even though the column is formatted a s number. It would be great if the app was able to select the device’s number keyboard input for fields that are formatted as a number.

4 Likes

@Brian_Klein Thank you adding the ability to print row. This will be a big help. Playing around with this feature, I would like to request that when printing a row, we are able to print the exact layout view as it’s set up, instead of putting each column field as it’s own row.

I would also to request the ability to access “Print” from the actions of a button. It would be great when setting up multiple layout views for a row, to be able to print a specific view from the action of a button.

2 Likes

Possibility for doc-admins to disable “show hidden pages” button for certain doc users! It can solve many problems when you have shared doc with clients etc, something like “client portal etc” and sensitive information so you hiding some pages and now clients cannot unhide those pages and view them!

3 Likes

https://community.coda.io/t/please-add-views-for-date-range-toggle-switches-and-select-controls/36010?u=traderunner

The fact that in-page controls can only have a single “view” (i.e one UI element where you can edit that control’s state) is a huge limitation I think.

For example, my doc has a global date range picker and a few other select boxes and switches - all of which affect what the user sees throughout the entire Doc. But to change the date range, my user needs to constantly navigate back to the one page where the control is located.

It feels clunky. Maybe there is a way to get around it but I haven’t figured out a nice solution with the tools available. At one point I constructed my own “Date Range” table and created a view of that for every page. But I am just re-inventing the wheel - the in-built Date Range picker is a million times better. I just want a way of duplicating it :slight_smile:

Please make it happen team! :pray:

1 Like

Search field in the app!

1 . Code block with syntaxis (Php, css, html, etc)
2. Open row in side window (like nothion has)
3. Speed, speed, speed (Or windows app like Notion, that be super fast like Notion is!)
4. Mobile app like Notion. Fast and easy to use.

Thanks for your contributions, everyone! We’re closing this topic for now since our team just launched a number of updates here: Launched: Small improvements for more seamless team collaboration

As a reminder, requests and suggestions are also welcome in our Suggestion Box category!

Hey @CleberSantana,

Hope you are well! Wanted to follow-up on this request to share that we’ve made updates to the timeline that we hope resolve the first two bullet points: Launched: Improvements to timelines

Notably we’ve overhauled how timelines are navigated and made the visualization a bit more exact, as suggested. Hope the changes find you well.

Best,
Sam