Coda forms and form integration

I have hit the no form wall many times in my coda doc development. From my seat it is one of the biggest missing parts to coda

4 Likes

I have a section, that has a table view of a table from another section, as well as a select that filters the table. I wish for this section to be used to add new entries into the table view; with two controls, a duration control, and a long-form text control, then a button to add a row using them as the inputs.

This would be fine, however, there currently is not controls for duration, nor controls for long-form text, or any text input.

Ultimately, anything that is a table column format, should also be a control.

By control, I mean these:

The reason I am wanting this, is that currently, to add long-form content to a table cell, I have to make a button that is set to open the URL of https://coda.io/d/redatedDocumentID/redactedSectionID#redactedTableID/r" + RowId(thisRow) + "&columnId=redactedColumnID&modal=true. Or by double tapping the column field, then waiting for the expand popover button to show, then clicking that. Both options are very inconvenient.

3 Likes

@Glenn_Jaume Would like to create a form which could also take payment. Currently, use google form, but it isn’t embedding in the coda.

According to me Best form tool “Paperform.co

Perhaps coda could incorporate features from it.

I was on the hunt for the same, did not find anything satisfactory.
I went for embedding a google form into a page of the coda doc.
Then using app scripts to notify myself and others.

It works fine as a low level thing, but haveing a feedback form inside coda would be great.

I’d like to see a native integration of Fillout with Coda.

2 Likes

Just today I emailed the Fillout team about this. They said that a Fillout-Coda integration is planned for later this year! And personally I can’t wait!

Fillout is hands down THE BEST form builder out there and having it integrated with Coda just like it does with Notion and Airtable would be amazing!

It’s important to note that one can in fact connect a Fillout form to Coda via the API or apps like Make.com, but it won’t have all the awesome features that Fillout offers like using linked records in a form and automatically sync fields from a Coda table.

I hope that if more of us Coda users would vote +1 on this it might prompt Fillout to deliver this integration sooner than later.
You can do that here:
support@fillout.com

2 Likes

Just today I emailed the Fillout team about this. They said that a Fillout-Coda integration is planned for later this year! And personally I can’t wait!

Fillout is hands down THE BEST form builder out there and having it integrated with Coda just like it does with Notion and Airtable would be amazing!

It’s important to note that one can in fact connect a Fillout form to Coda via the API or apps like Make.com, but it won’t have all the awesome features that Fillout offers like using linked records in a form and automatically sync fields from a Coda table.

I hope that if more of us Coda users would vote +1 on this it might prompt Fillout to deliver this integration sooner than later.
You can do that here:
support@fillout.com

1 Like