Compose column, with a link to reference ThisRow

Hi All,

I am building an approval workflow. Clicking a button, will send an email to the next approver on the list, as below:

But the entry in the email is only clickable if I refer to another table. If I refer to the display column in the existing table, the information is shown as text. This is true for both @ and = derived references to the display column.

Is there a way in which I can turn the result into a clickable link?

Here is the compose column:

Thank you very much
p

hi @Piet_Strydom

I am not sure I do fully understand the logic you are after, but below a code snippet you can use in your template and that will redirect the user to the specific row in a specific table in a doc.

Format("{1}/{2}&view=modal",thisTable.ObjectLink(),RowId(thisRow)).Hyperlink("link")

Last year I stepped away from using the Gmail pack to inform others via email (I replaced it with notifications, because they are native), but before that this kind of logic I used often. In the blog below an alternative.

Cheers, Christiaan

2 Likes

Hi Christiaan

Thanks for the feedback, I will try that code. Unfortunately at this stage the notification functionality is a step to far - I have restarted my “SAP career”, and the company where I work has accepted Coda as software to use, but penetration is still very, very low.

Regards
Piet

hi Piet, I see your point and I understand why you need an external service, however with Notifications, it would work the same. The user would be redirected to the doc to which she already has access and by clicking on the notification top right, it would open the row of the table you notified in.

Anyway, this code logic will work (or a variation, the base is the url of the table combined with the rowId and the modal logic you are after).

In case you can’t make it work, please email me with a shared doc and I help you out, Cheers, Christiaan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.