Configure the hover popup view for rows of a table anywhere in the table options

The popup that appears when hovering over a row when it is referenced in a lookup column of another table, or as a dropdown item, seems to list the fields for that row in an arbitrary order. It’s annoying to have to scroll down to find the field that is relevant (usually to differentiate rows with the same value in the display column).

A simple approach would be to have another option in the table options that would allow you to choose which columns to show in the popup and in which order (exact same as “Columns” option).

Slightly more convenient would be populating this option to the same as the “Columns” option, until changes are specifically made to this second popup option (such that the columns shown in a popup for any row of a table is by default the same columns shown in that row’s main table, and in the same order).

Simplest approach would be just copying the “Columns” configuration for that table and applying it to the popup view, so at least the order of the columns is consistent with that row’s table, and appropriate columns are hidden.

2 Likes

Resurfacing this one… would be nice to control what the hover popup displays…

Hey @loucadufault and @Jan_Bouten

The pop-up hover displays are based off the master-table and its columns.

The pop-up display will ONLY show what columns are visible in the master table and will show them in the order you designate in the master table.

By master table, I mean the table that is not a view and you can identify that table in your doc with these steps:

1. Find any table in your doc and press the little chain-link icon next to the table name

2. After that - Look at the right hand side-bar and find the table at the top. That table is the master table which determines the hover pop-ups

Just for full-ness sake, in the case that security matters to you - the master search bar in the top right hand side of your doc ALSO references the master-table and mimics the columns shown there.

Sometimes when I want to be over the top about visibility of my docs information I keep every single master table in a separate hidden folder, hide every single column, and then set the filter to those tables to “false” so it shows no information.

Reach out if you have any other questions!

2 Likes

Super helpful! Thanks!

1 Like